Saturday, May 10, 2014

Ride 2 Recovery Honor Ride Days 1 & 2

Well, I survived the first two days and ended up logging just under 150 miles in 28 hours. Not a bad start to the ride.

Ready to roll.
The first day ended up being a little longer than expected at 97-miles but it got me all the way through Los Angeles so it was worth it.

 Ninety plus miles of stoplights and traffic is pretty nerve wracking and I completely lost track of the near misses and A-hole drivers somewhere around Wilmington. This was followed by the maze of the South Bay before I finally just got on the Bike Path and dodged walkers, bladers and cruisers for the next 20+ miles.

I finally cleared Santa Monica and things got a little better but by then I was starting to get  little tired so I was mainly just looking to get to the CG.

Leo Carillo SP
Day Two was a little nicer with an easy cruise from Leo Carillo SP to Carpenteria SP just south of Santa Barbara. I'm already getting the feeling that this ride is going to be a little more civilized than my last adventure riding to Florida. The campgrounds are spaced along the route at good riding distances and there are plenty of services so the threat of starving should be minimized.

That isn't to say there won't be adventure. Any long ride is bound to have interesting encounters along the way and I'll be sharing as much as I can remember.

Day 1: http://app.strava.com/activities/139611380

Map:

No comments:

Post a Comment